As a policy nerd, these stats are a sign: future work for me!
Choose your own career hacks, Melbourne.
Tech, data, culture, workshops. https://ellebrooker.wordpress.com/tech-and-the-city-free-events-in-melbourne-australia/
Breakfast law. What better kind? 5 December: find out about your obligations:
- Before you become a director
- As a director
- As a past director
- Dealing with the ATO when you receive a Director Penalty Notice.
Did you know: If you become liable under a DPN then the ATO will treat your liability just as it would treat any ordinary tax debt payable? Fun, right?
22 November join Law Squared’s Demetrio Zema shares insights, tips, and secrets on:
- The importance of developing a mission, vision and values for your business;
- How using your mission, vision and values to attract the right people in your business;
- Role of an Advisory Board and why every scale-up should have one;
- Recruiting, the do’s, don’ts and procedures to put in place when hiring your “Dream Team”
Bookings essential: click Here
Any event that quotes Kenny Rogers gets two thumbs up from me.
If your start up curious, getting a heads up on your legal position and the avoidable pitfalls is as good a starting point as any.
17 October 9:30am-12:30p, North Melbourne
Eventbrite registrations have closed, but you can contact the organiser: email@example.com
The Records Management Network (RMN) was established by Public Record Office Victoria to provide a forum for knowledge exchange and discussion on issues affecting records management in the Public Sector.
Event details here
Transport/parking options for getting to and from the event:
- The Number 57 Tram form Elizabeth Street stops at Haines St, (Cnr. Abbotsford and Haines).
- Train to Macauley Station,
- Free parking at Victorian Archives Centre, Enter off Macauley Road
Would-be screen writers praise be! You have found your tribe.
Suzanne Derry, Senior Solicitor at the Arts Law Centre of Australi, presents writers and rights, who owns what, how and why.
Head to Melbourne’s trendy west on the bus or rail to Yarraville/Footscray.
But wait! There’s more!
For writers with a specific legal query, Suzanne is offering FREE one-to-one clinics. Areas of the law she covers include but aren’t limited to:
- Copyright and Moral Rights
- Insurance and Liability
- Business names and structures
Clinics are 30 minutes long, and bookings are essential.
Available times are:
2:00 – 2:30pm
2:30 – 3:00pm
3:00 – 3:30pm
3:30 – 4:00pm
4:30 – 5:00pm
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details, preferred appointment time and short description of your legal query.
Ooh. Interesting! For the True Crime buffs this is a must.
Profilers have been portrayed in popular culture as possessing an ultimate, and often elusive, investigative ability to solve crimes that otherwise escape traditional techniques of investigation. What happens, however, when criminal profiling is used in a criminal trial?
Word of warning: it’s at La Trobe University Moot Court in Bundoora, so pack your toothbrush!